Elvis Presley sings lots of my favorite loves songs, but there is always more than just the songs. People are fascinated about his life, his loves, his friends and his family. Here are some stories about him, and I will add some more later.
1. Jerry Schilling – We were there when Elvis met Nixon
Yesterday I was re-watching the fictional movie of how Elvis meets Nixon, and it was still very entertaining. I have watched it many times. Rick Peters acts the part very well. Made in 1997. It is good to hear the true story from Jerry.
Many times he changes the words of songs. On one of my other sites he sings: “You taught me how to milk a cow.” It was supposed to be : “You taught me how to love and now……. you say that we are through.”
4. Ginger – his Fiancee reveals
5. Larry Geller talks about Darlene and EP
Larry was his hairdresser.
6. Larry talks about a half truth can be a lie
7. Larry talks about EP part 1
8. Larry talks about EP part 2
9. Larry – Discover Elvis’ spiritual journey
11. Ronnie McDowell – reflections of a king
I noticed yesterday that it was Ronnie McDowell who was singing on the movie: Elvis meets Nixon.
12. EP cartoon – heaven’s gate
13. Anita Wood – Why she broke up with him
14. Anita – the day his mother died
15. Why Gladys was so depressed
She had a dream of fire around Elvis – their car had caught on fire that same night. She hated his success – she had to share him with others. She wanted to be poor again. Elvis had a premonition the night she died. “She’s all I ever lived for.” Grave photo – Star of David and a Cross.
23. EP phone call with Red West – October 1976
25. EP movie list
26. The death of Judy Tyler (Jailhouse Rock)
27. A story of how EP fooled the world – with his fake death
28. I can’t help it – with Anita Wood 1958 – home recording
29. Anita Wood – “I’ll wait forever” – photos of army induction 1958
30. Anita Wood talks about the letter from Pricilla wanting to come from Germany
31. What Vernon and Dee did to EP
32.Anita Wood and EP – home movies
33. Some of EP’s other children
Joe remembers his good buddy and employer. Very interesting.
35. Annette Wolf talks about the Elvis CBS TV concert special
I also have a gospel site if you would like to check it out: Country Gospel and Bible