The other day I came across some of Cliff Richard’s early Rock and Roll songs which I really enjoyed, and have become some of my favourites.
1. Whole lot of shaking going on
Here Cliff takes off the old Jerry Lee Lewis.
2. 1959 ‘live’ Rock and Roll concert – 15 minutes
I love his early fast moving songs.
3. Let me tell you Baby – 11 minutes
“Let me tell you Baby – it’s called Rock and Roll.”
4. First ‘live’ recordings 1958 – 4 songs – 9 minutes
I had never heard him sing Jailhouse Rock before.
5. ‘Live’ from Belgium 1964 – 40 minutes
Sir Richard is an internation star. I remember being on a bus in Israel, and hearing him singing on the bus speakers. That was so unusual.
6. Old video – on stage – 2 hours
This is like an assortment of songs.
I thought it was very interesting to hear his life story, as told by other people. “Thank you” Sir Cliff Richard. He shook my hand when I was young, and it was a very big thrill for me.